If you don’t care about my internet issues just skip this months review.
My story with V-Media so far.
- First contact VMedia on Sept 16th regarding speed issues after trying everything possible to solve the problem myself. They said they would investigate.
- I called vmedia back on Sept 19th and vmedia said that cogeco had found an issue and it has been fixed an hour prior to my call. After that I checked my voicemail and had a recording from vmedia that was left prior to this conversation stating that there was no issues with the internet.
- Issues persist so I called back and Vmedia said there was network congestion in our area and there would be upgrades done on the 26th of Sept. I asked Vmedia to call Cogeco to find out if upgrades would be done in my area specifically and what upgrades would be done. The technical support manager said he would do this but never called back.
- Came back from a work conference in San Diego on oct 3rd and the internet was still not working.
- Vmedia said Cogeco would now be doing additional network upgrades on October 26th. They said there was nothing else the could do.
- I requested a technician be sent out and they agreed (although they did not want to at first and never suggested it).
- Technician found corroded outdoor connections and had to replace a wire that had been chewed through by animals. I have pictures. This helped the connection slightly, but it is still highly unstable.
- The technician showed a graph of the nodes in our area and explained that there was no congestion in my location. Vmedia continues to claim otherwise.The technician said that they would share the data about the network nodes with vmedia if it was requested. Clearly the did not even attempt to solve this.
- The technician said that if replacing the corroded connections and the broken wires didn’t fix the internet it was likely a problem with the modem or something entirely different.
- After speaking with multiple representative about the issues persisting they insisted they would be fixed on the 26th of October, they were not.
- After I left a message on Thursday Oct 27th they contacted me (using the wrong secondary number on the account that I specifically told them not to call) and asked to run modem diagnostics. They had not even suggested this before and I didn’t know it was an option, I suggested it could be a modem issue because of what the technician who came told me.
- I received a call back today Oct 31st from customer support who told me the internet speeds on their website say “up to” X Mpbs and there was nothing more they could do to fix the internet and could not continuously send out technicians to look into the problem. I insisted I needed the internet fixed and he transferred me to technical support.
- Technical support said they would call Cogeco regarding the modem diagnostics and put my issue in high priority. They agreed to call me back on the 31st of Oct.
- I received a call back on the 3rd of Nov and they said nothing is wrong with the modem. When asked what the errors mean they don’t know.
- The battle continues my friends.